Welcome To District 6
Is there anything that you or your home group would like to see on this page?
CONTACT the District 6 web chair at:
Do you have in interest in district level service? Are you bilingual?
You are in luck!
District 6 would like to translate the information contained on this page to Spanish for Spanish speaking and bilingual members!
For details email:
District 6 needs a GSR Orientation Chair:
The primary responsibility of this position is to serve the district and perform duties best interest of District. Take new GSR’s & alternates out of the meeting & explain to them how the district meeting functions; their responsibilities as a GSR and familiarize them with pertinent literature. Suggested minimum of two years continuous sobriety. Have one year of service at the District Level and not concurrently serving as a DCM or District officer. The position holds a two year term.
District Committee Members and Alternates
The function of a District Committee Member (DCM) is to provide two way communication between our district and Area 11. They also meet with and speak to groups on the responsibilities of general service work. They They assist with various group problems upon request. The DCM is the link from the District to the Area and vice versa. The district is split into three (3) sub districts:
Sub-District 6-1 Norwalk, New Canaan & Wilton
- 1 DCM and 1 Alternate DCM are needed for Sub-District 6-1
Sub-District 6-2 Stamford & Darien
Sub-District 6-3 Greenwich
- 1 DCM and 1 Alternate DCM are needed for Sub-District 6-3
District 6 is in need of a Public Information Representative:
Public information Committee:
Be a volunteer and represent your district on the public information committee. Help us carry the message into our community. The purpose of this committee is to carry the message of Alcoholics Anonymous to the alcoholic who still suffers through the use of the media and public speakers. This committee serves as the central source of information that is made available to the public regarding Alcoholics Anonymous. The committee ensures that any information the public receives is correct and is given within the guidelines of the Twelve Traditions of Alcoholics Anonymous.
Archives Mission Statement:
The Area 11 Archives Committee of Alcoholics Anonymous is a repository of personal collections, manuscripts, publications, photographs, memorabilia, CD’s and other material as it relates to the origin and the development of Alcoholics Anonymous in the state of Connecticut (Area 11) It is our objective to make the history of the organization accessible to A.A. members and other researchers, and to provide a context for understanding A.A.’s progression, principles and traditions. The Archives committee recognizes it’s responsibility to protect the anonymity of all AA members.
Purpose of Archives:
- Consistent with A.A.’s primary purpose of maintaining our sobriety and helping other alcoholics achieve recovery, Area 11 Archives of Alcoholics Anonymous will:
- Receive, classify, and index all relevant material, such as administrative Area 11 files, records, correspondence, literary works and artifacts considered to have historical importance to Alcoholics Anonymous;
- Provide access to these materials, as determined by the archivist in consultation with the Archives Committee, to members of Alcoholics Anonymous and to others who may have a valid need to review such material, contingent upon a commitment to preserve the anonymity of our members;
- Provide information services to assist the operations of Area 11 in Alcoholics Anonymous;
- Promote knowledge and understanding of the origins, goals and programs of Alcoholics Anonymous.
District 6 open service positions are:
Sub District 6-1 has a need for 1 DCM and 1 Alternate DMC
Sub District 6-3 Has a need for 1 DCM and 1 Alternate
Come join us and and get involved!
The monthly District 6 Business Meeting is held at:
The Old Greenwich Civic Center
90 Harding Road Old Greenwich, CT 06870
We post District and registered Group Events.
Please email information to firstname.lastname@example.org or speak to your district website rep.
Please be sure your flyer or information adheres to our guidelines.